POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: Phil Cook
Date: 30 Jul 2008 10:02:30
Message: <op.ue3yi3a2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:48:57 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> For an example of destroyed information tell me the equation I used to
>> derive the answer of 9.
>
> ...I can't *believe* you robbed me of the opportunity to say "what do
> you get if your multiply six by nine?" :-o

Sorry I was thinking of a different book, in this case a Jasper Fforde
dealing with Nextian mathematics that does allow you to work out whether
the answer 9 is derived from 3+6 or 3*3, or something else entirely.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com