POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 29 Jul 2008 04:21:52
Message: <op.ue1n63dqc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:58:59 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Yes, I know, and many here, including myself, have made the case that
>> they should have *less*. In essence this is an ethical discussion and we
>> have thus established that you have different ethics than e.g. me.
>> Interesting, but not exactly earth shocking. ;)
>
>   I often like to oppose the majority in many things. That doesn't mean
> it's just a principle for the sake of principle. I honestly think that
> often the majority truely is wrong, or at least has a misconception or
> a view which is too radical.

Except by definition in terms of ethics and social morality the majority
is always 'right'. It's only when a minority change the perception of the
majority does 'right' become 'wrong'.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com