POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 29 Jul 2008 11:55:36
Message: <op.ue187nr8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:47:58 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>> >   Because they are in patrol?
>
>> But they shouldn't be eating on patrol.
>
>   Excuse me? The police must go all day without eating? This is getting
> just ridiculous.

Quite right police should go all day without eating just like ambulance
drivers.

<snip>
>> The judgement was that he'd broken the law, he supplied his
>> justification and it was rejected in court.
>
>   But not because the justification was bad, but because the judge had no
> choice. His hands were tied.

The judge could have decided that the officer was acting within his duties
and thus eligible to break such rules. Sort of the point of having a
judge, keeps the government in check.

>> The only way I can see that as equating to
>> arrogant or above the law was if his reasoning was that he could do what
>> he liked because he was a police officer, which it wasn't.
>
>   You have a rather narrow view of things if that's the *only* way you
> can see the situation.

No you posited a point that required a response -
I point out that Mueen suggests such things are fought in court.
I point out that in this case it was and the officer lost.
You declared that this proves that the officer was arrogant and above the
law with the challenge "Right".
I respond as above.

--
Phil Cook