POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fun with cryptography : Re: Fun with cryptography Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun with cryptography
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Jul 2008 09:24:00
Message: <op.udxbjo0mc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:46:12 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:31:01 +0100, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>
>>> Strange, using a wok in an oven :)
>>
>> Does great roast potatoes. Heh no a shiny new hob to match the oven.
>>
> I take it that you have a metal handle, lucky you.

Yep, best way to gauge the heat of the pan.

>>> I must admit that home cooked food is just about all I eat. Except for
>>> breakfast and when I have to eat out.
>>
>> Ditto. I'll nuke the odd meal if I know I'm going to be running around
>> or get a pizza or something in if I'm just feeling lazy (way too many
>> takeaways around here), but the majority of my meals are home-cooked.
>
> You should see where I live, two Caribbean take-a-ways, three Chinese,
> six Iranian/Iraqi/Persian, one African restaurant and a really good fish
> and chip shop. All within ten minutes walk. But to counter that we have
> lots of
> Caribbean, Iranian and Chinese food shops as well. Oh! I forgot about
> the Indian restaurants and the English butcher.

Well we don't have the variety, but four chippies, two Indian restaurants,
three Chinese, and two pizza/kebab houses; plus the Subway and three other
sandwich shops and four independent butchers. Plus the caff, a tea shop
and a cross between a restaurant and a tea room; the cake shop and the
sweet shop. Oh I'm not counting pub food that would be another
three/fourish depending on who you count and how far out you go. Come the
renovations in town they're expecting coffee shops and more tea shops.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com