POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 Jul 2008 04:18:46
Message: <op.udnn02kmc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:48:31 +0100, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> And lo on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:00:40 +0100, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
>> spake, saying:
>
>> Heh I enjoy blasting them into the handy spikes on the walls
>
> There I realized my RL-problem of a bad hand-eye-coordination-ability. ^^
> I couldn't hit them. :-)

It is tricky for anyone, which is why it's such fun when it works.

>> I found the Hylden um stabby-hand demons to be the worst oh not
>> individually but get caught in a crowd and it's a repetitive stab,
>> hoist, fall until you fade out into the Spectral Realm and then they
>> bloomin'
>> well follow you.
>
> Yes, they were bad. Very bad.
> I looked around each corner and everytime, when I thought it might be
> too quiet,
> that horrific demons appeared. Worst thing was, when they catched you...

They were the only ones that really caused me any type of hesitation on
subsequent play-throughs. I'd approach a courtyard and think "Oh hell
there's four of these nasties through there" and I'd try to skip in and
peel them off one at a time, or just run and dodge a lot until I got a
chance to hit them. The bigger fire chuckers were easier; even in groups.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com