POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 Jul 2008 10:18:25
Message: <op.udn4mryac3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:44:14 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> I wonder when they'll start preventing you from removing Windoze?
>
>> (Already I see M$ saying things to hardware vendors like "don't expose
>> your customers to the dangers of software piracy by selling them PCs
>> without Windoze preinstalled". Nice mentallity, eh?)
>
>   In theory it could be possible to tie hardware with a specific OS.
> It may be possible to build a PC which only runs Vista, period.
>
>   OTOH Monopoly laws of most countries would luckily prevent that.

Why? If that's how it's sold then what would be the problem legally? Even
if you're talking some sort of perfect system that would prevent another
OS to be run regardless of how either the replacement OS or the system was
altered I don't see any legal reason against it.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com