POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about English grammar : Re: Question about English grammar Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about English grammar
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2008 05:56:36
Message: <op.udlxw5kgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:36:59 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>   I have to admit I have no idea if this contraction is wrong or
> acceptable.
> It *sounds* wrong to me, but how should I know? The answer to this is
> also something just impossible to find with google:
>
> "The rest of it is not difficult." -> "The rest of it's not difficult."

As has been discussed "it isn't" would probably be the default contraction
(regional variants notwithstanding), however "it's not" would be more
likely used when you what to emphasize the ease of 'it'.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com