POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2008 05:27:32
Message: <op.udlwkzo2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:14:50 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>   I'm currently playing Rainbow Six: Vegas.
<snip>
>   Ah, and you have two sidekicks who are, in fact, very helpful and
> basically never get in your way on their own (you *can* shoot them,
> but you'll have to deliberately aim at them or deliberately locate
> yourself so that they are in the line of fire). You can command the
> sidekicks to follow you or go to a certain place (aim towards the place
> and press space). The sidekicks can take care of themselves pretty well
> (ie. you don't have to babysit them at all), although they can also die
> if you carelessly send them into heavy crossfire. They are also excellent
> at watching your back while your attention is on something else (eg.
> examining the other side of a door with a snake cam). It works
> surprisingly well.

I've tended to shy away from mandatory sidekick games. If you can't direct
them they're dumb as a post, and if you can direct them they're still as
dumb as a post; and trying to micromanage them as well as play the game
just got to be frustrating. Sounds like they've got it right on this
though... hmm think I have a PS3 demo somewhere might give it a go.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com