POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2008 05:21:31
Message: <op.udlwaye0c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:00:40 +0100, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
spake, saying:

> It also doesn't help, that the games publishing dates and their "true"
> order don't fit.
> I can't find the page anymore, but they made a "logical" (as far as
> paradoxes are logical ^^) timeline and also ordered the games that way:
> BO, SR, SR2, Defiance, BO2...

SR2 had some bonus material which has been put up on the net
http://www.nosgoth.net/sr2/timeline.htm
but it doesn't go past BO2, neither does this one though I think this
demonstrates the complexity better though :-)
http://www.eblong.com/zarf/nosgoth/timeline.html

> Difiance's open end let me hope of another part (perhaps to get a
> spiritlike
> Raziel back (I started with that character, so I'd like to play it again
> :-)
> )), but then playing BO2 a second time *after* Defiance, I could bury
> that hope.

The trouble is that the events with Raziel closes a loop, without it you
get an even larger paradox which could undo everything. To be honest I'm
not sure how they could continue the story, we still don't have any new
guardians until Kain 'dies' and they still won't be the 'correct' ones so
the pillars will still decay with the same outcome.

>> > (What's with Raziel? :-) I started to play with
>> > SoulReaver 1, the reason to buy it, was that its cover was glittering
>> > and changing perspective (both worlds). After that game I began to
>> love > the series and bought the other games.)
>>
>> I think at the time I was just looking for a game that wasn't a tired
>> re-tread of Doom and Quake, or C&C and this stood out.
>
> So you also acquired a taste after buying it by accident?

Yep pretty much I played SR1 then SR2 and found BO1, etc.

>> Still my favourite thing to do - shift to the Spectral Realm close to a
>> return point while holding a weapon then shifting back to the Material
>> Realm and watching the weapon fall to the ground.
>>
>> Most shocking thing - shifting to the SR and watching a Slough or the
>> like fade in right next to you :-)
>
> LOL
> I loved to set the other vampires on fire (don't think I'm savage!). Nice
> walking matchsticks...
> Better them than me!

Heh I enjoy blasting them into the handy spikes on the walls

> And worst enemy? I hated the spirits of former pillar guardians.

Dodging comes into its own at this point, the duo was indeed difficult to
fight. I found the Hylden um stabby-hand demons to be the worst oh not
individually but get caught in a crowd and it's a repetitive stab, hoist,
fall until you fade out into the Spectral Realm and then they bloomin'
well follow you.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com