POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Phil Cook
Date: 30 Jun 2008 07:30:36
Message: <op.udj7novic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:30:48 +0100, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
spake, saying:

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> bluetree <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> > Have you also tried one of the Legacy of Kain series?
>>
>>   Nope. I'll consider them the next time I'm at the online store...
>
> If you like a good mix of puzzles, 3rd person "hacking" ^^ and good
> storyline, you won't regret it. (Especially the parts (Soulreaver I/II)
> with Raziel have many puzzles, on the other hand, you get more
> information of the whole story, when the game is focussing on Kain
> (Bloodomen I/II), IMO.)

I still play SoulReaver. A nice mix of puzzles; a huge contiguous play
area with integral shortcuts; lots of deviously hidden secrets that will
help you play, but aren't necessary to collect; and an excellent
story-line and plot. In ranking terms I put it on the same plinth as Deus
Ex, System Shock and Baldur's Gate.

SoulReaver 2 was more of a let-down for me, too linear and a more obvious
'get this ability to open this door' vibe then its predecessor; still had
a good story though.

I enjoyed Blood Omen 1, and 2 was fun if disjointed

Defiance was a bit of a mixed bag for me, but it was enjoyable how the
different timelines of the two characters linked up play-wise.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com