POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : About sounds in space in movies : Re: About sounds in space in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About sounds in space in movies
From: Phil Cook
Date: 25 Jun 2008 06:16:52
Message: <op.udausagkc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:05:36 +0100, m_a_r_c
<jac### [at] wanadoofr> did spake, saying:

> "Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 48610211$1@news.povray.org...
> .
>>
>> Music doesn't do this, because there's music constantly throughout the
>> movie, so I already disassociate it with the physical location of the
>> shot.
>>
> Music does not do that because it is the more often not 'in situation'
> though I remember some gags, specially in Mel Brooks movies...(Blazing
> Saddles?) .
> As (did not) said Gilles  the London Philharmonic is obviousely not
> flying in space.

"The Simpson Files" killed incidental music for me with the oncoming
Springfield Philharmoic tour bus :-)

A book I read had a character in a palace who got annoyed with the
constant background music, pulled aside a curtain in his room and found a
muscian there. Turned out that as an honoured guest he was assigned a
musician who followed him around keeping out of sight and providing
appropriate mood music.

OTOH watching some TV shows from the early eighties and before it's
strange how you notice that the majority of the time there isn't any music
playing in the background and how quiet it all seems, somehow more
intense; might just be me though.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com