POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 13:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Jun 2008 04:12:32
Message: <op.ucxqep2oc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 02:40:47 +0100, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Stephen wrote:
>> It's cultural Warp, Calling someone ignorant implies that they are
>> boorish. Quite a bad insult.
>
> Note, however, that it's perfectly acceptable to say "John is ignorant
> of what happened last week" or some such. Unfortunately, "ignorant" has
> gotten bad connotations and I don't know any word that means similar
> that doesn't.  "Naive" is about as close as it comes.  (I have said
> people are "computer naive" and it seems to bother people less than
> saying they're "ignorant of computer technology" or some such.)

Only because they're ignorant about what naive means :-P

Most neutral term seems to be "didn't know" or "don't know" - "John didn't
know what happened last night" oops "John can't remember what happened
last night" ;-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com