POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : evil TV commercials : Re: evil TV commercials Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: evil TV commercials
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 May 2008 11:15:27
Message: <op.ubepz3gqc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 16 May 2008 20:33:28 +0100, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Fri, 16 May 2008 09:12:49 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> And lo on Thu, 15 May 2008 20:41:13 +0100, Jim Henderson
>> <nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

>>> Yeah, and that's a huge societal problem.
>>
>> Just because the people being advertised at have no ability to make an
>> objective choice over these medications doesn't mean they shouldn't be
>> advertised in the same way as shampoo or washing powder. Just as for
>> them if the product doesn't work for you just switch; no harm done
>> right? [cough]
>
> Heh, better watch out, your sarcasm tags are showing, Phil. ;-)

Me sarcastic? No, you must have me mistaken for someone else.

But seriously what next "Ask your doctor to use PhilCo extra-sharp
needles", "Did you know 1 in 20 Americans get a reaction from alcohol
swabs, why not ask your doctor to use PhilCo anti-allergen swabs", "Why
weren't your test results processed in a PhilCo machine? Get your results
back faster and with a greater degree of precision then compared to other
leading test machine brands", or "Is your doctor using standard seat
cushions in their waiting rooms? Tests show that normal seats can retain
germs for up to two days. Ask for a PhilCo seat because you don't want to
catch what they've got"

[snort] My my the way my mind works - "Is your airline using standard seat
cushions in their planes? Tests show that normal seats can hide terrorists
for up to two days. Ask for a PhilCo seat because you don't want you and
your family to end up dead"

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com