POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LCD monitor issue : Re: LCD monitor issue Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LCD monitor issue
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 10 May 2008 10:35:11
Message: <op.uaxz4vd27bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:57:39 +0200, Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote:
> Bought a monitor. At native resolution, if I make a checkerboard image
> of one pixel wide checkers and turn the sharpness up to 100%, each pixel
> on the screen should show as black or white. Correct?
>
> Works horizontally, but isn't exactly right vertically. Is this to be
> expected, or should I return the monitor? Or is there something I should
> be able do about it? OS is Linux.

Do not turn up the "sharpness" setting. Leave it at its default value, or
preferably try to find the sweet spot where neither sharpening nor
softening is applied. You can refer to this page for visual aid:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/sharpness.php

Make doubly sure you are using the native resolution.

If you are using an analogue connection, make sure the display is properly
synced. Refer to this page for visual aid:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php

--
FE