POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 May 2008 11:47:34
Message: <op.uahfa3okc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:37:33 +0100, <.> did spake, saying:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote
>
>> In the US, a lot of people complain about illegal immigration (and many
>> about *legal* immigration), forgetting that if you go back at most 3-4
>> generations, we're all pretty much immigrants over here.
>
> Fatal flaw with that argument is that if you go back 3-4 generations,
> *we* don't exist.

Seeing as of the many posts I can't see anyone whose condensed the
argument to my first thought here I go.

There are people today who complain about immigration and want stronger
controls, yet if those controls had been in place 3-4 generations ago then
said people would not be around to complain about immigration and the need
for stronger controls.

Now look at the subject line again. There now leave it at that :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com