POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Small Crymod contest : Re: Small Crymod contest Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Crymod contest
From: Phil Cook
Date: 16 May 2008 07:53:38
Message: <op.ua8wnyiqc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 16 May 2008 11:53:30 +0100, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> did
spake, saying:

>>     Yes, good idea! I'm thinking of maybe something like these:
>>
>>      http://www.pbase.com/eldarrio/image/80781159
>>
>>     http://www.coloradomountainman.com/mountainscenery.html
>>
>>     What do you think? I quite like that first link.
>
> Yes, I do too, but maybe the judges will be looking for something that
> shows off the CryEngine more, ie something with more trees :-)

On the other hand that's what everyone else might think and the judges
will be flicking through hundreds of shots of trees and foliage, on the
other other hand people might realise that and thus produce lots of rocky
type shots; on the other other other hand though... :-)

The third photo on the second link I'd think impressive to duplicate,
trees, ground, sky, water and a structure.

Oh and break a leg.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com