POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : shake reduction : Re: shake reduction Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shake reduction
From: Phil Cook
Date: 12 May 2008 07:46:07
Message: <op.ua1hmauoc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 11 May 2008 21:13:36 +0100, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
did spake, saying:

> For the purpose of getting some 'grab shots' while driving taxi, I
> finally settled on a point-and-shoot Pentax Optio A30.  The shake
> reduction was the primary consideration.  OFten the pictures I want to
> take are night scenes with lots of radiant lights, which quickly show up
> blur from pressing the shutter.  Here are a few test shots, in the wild,
> after having read just enough of the manual to know how to load the
> battery, and using all automatic settings.  I was quite encouraged by
> the results.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5mpjna

Well it does seem to keep it stable, I have to use the burst for such
things and hope at least one comes out okay. Is it me though or do they
seem a bit noisy close-up? Only a problem if you decide to do some close
cropping, but have you got any stable shots with the IS system turned off?

Good photos though, you need to create a dashboard swivel mount :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com