POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XML: what's it good for? : Re: XML: what's it good for? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XML: what's it good for?
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 19 Mar 2010 07:54:31
Message: <op.u9tcpgyqmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:11:51 -0000, gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom>
did spake thusly:

> Please no one GIYF me! :)
>
> I guess I see how it's extremely valuable in that you can create
> databases with
> relatively simple coding.  But my real question is, How do *you* look at
> it?  Is
> there some application that GUI's the data in the way that, say Excel or
> Lotus123 can GUI a CSV?  Or does everyone just suffer through the plain
> text
> version?

I just look at it raw, all I see now is blonde, brunette, redhead ;-) But
seriously there's software out there like MindFusion or XMLFox that'll
give you tree or grid views, if you're willing to pay then there's Liquid
XML Studio which I've heard good things about.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com