POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 10 Mar 2010 04:17:26
Message: <op.u9chfkzumn4jds@phils>
And lo On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:10:25 -0000, Patrick Elliott
<sel### [at] npgcablecom> did spake thusly:

>>> The US. Why?
>>
>> I think the situation is slightly different in the UK.
>>
>> But sure, I'll go with your basic premis. There's a lot of free stuff
>> that you used to have to pay for.
>>
>> (I don't know about you, but where I am, at least 25% of the channels
>> have "+1" in their name. Yes, that's right. They rebroadcast the stuff
>> again in case you missed it the first time - even though that was in
>> 1970 or so...)
>>
> Actually wish we had some that re-ran stuff. Missed House last week, due
> to some sort of crisis/upgrade to the cable system, and it takes 8 days
> for it to run up on Hulu. lol

The +1 channels are quite useful as broadcasters still seem to be stuck in
an age you had to watch a programme when it was on and thus schedule
things to run against each other. I've lost count of the number of times
I've gone to record something and my box has had to suggest recording it
on the time-shifted channel to avoid clashes.

For re-run channels pretty much ITV3 and ITV4; Dave runs a lot and if I
find myself with some spare time I can pretty much guarantee either it or
Dave Ja Vu (+1) will be showing a old "Top Gear" episode. Classic shows
though are confined to "Gold" which is subscription only.

There's some good stuff out there, just have to wade though a lot more
dross to find it though.

I'm surprised it took so long to run "House" though, don't the channels
offer an online catch-up service?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com