POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Network devices hanging explorer : Re: Network devices hanging explorer Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Network devices hanging explorer
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 9 Mar 2010 05:09:11
Message: <op.u9ao5jg17bxctx@toad.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:51:28 +0100, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

> Good point about the auto-updates, maybe I'll make it automatically copy
> the shell32.dll from system32 into windows each time I boot to make sure
> any updates are reflected.

That may be difficult if the DLL is actually being loaded by explorer.exe.

> Nothing showed up, every shell32.dll was referenced in the system32
> folder. I don't know what else to try, but at least I have my computer
> back working at a normal speed, even if it is a bit of a hacky temporary
> fix.

Grasping for straws here, but check that "Windows\system32" comes before
"Windows" in your %PATH%.

It could also be caused by a crappy shell extension with an import table
entry for "windows\shell32.dll". That would be a little more tedious to
track down, though you could come a long way by simply disabling all
non-essential extensions with ShellExView.

--
FE