POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 5 Mar 2010 12:20:17
Message: <op.u83uf2q9mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:19:21 -0000, Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
<jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> did spake thusly:

> I recently bought a new HDTV along wtih a Blu-Ray player.  Prior to the
> purchase, I spent a lot of time trying to understand the technology.
> One of
> the things that struck me, was the fact that Walmart's HDMI cables cost
> between $30 to $40+ for a 6 foot cable.  I can find other HDMI cables
> from
> various reputable sources for less than $10.  Heck, when I bought my new
> LCD
> monitor last Fall, it came with a "free" HDMI cable.  I've used it and it
> works great.  Certainly, the manufacturer would not have included a $30
> Cable with the monitor.  In fact, they probably wouldn't even include a
> $5
> cable.
<snippety>

The latest which magazine had a quick segment where they sent a 6.2Gb per
second data stream through a £10, £20, and £100 HDMI cable of unspecified
length without a single error occurring.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com