POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Chrome : Re: Opera Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opera
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 22 Dec 2009 13:45:44
Message: <op.u5crqeblufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:51:05 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> Hmm, Opera. This also browses the web. In some respects, it's even more
> annoying than Chrome; while it does open new tabs correctly, you
> apparently can't do this with Ctrl+click. (After about 20 minutes of
> searching, I have determined that Shift+click works. Which is a bit
> irritating, really. Ctrl is easier to find with your fingers, not to
> mention being habit.)
>
> While Firefox opens new tabs with a blank page, both Chrome and Opera
> give you thumbnails of about half a dozen websites. Chrome shows
> recently visited sites, while Opera actually allows you to *configure*
> what it shows, which is nice. (Additionally, Chrome seems to count only
> addresses typed in.)

I use Opera because I have a bandwidth cap of 500Mb. There is an Images
button where you can switch between "No images" "cached images" and "Show
Images". I set my default to "No Images" and change it to "Show Images"
when I need to see images. It also has integrated e-mail and newsgroups.

--
-Nekar Xenos-
"The spoon is not real"