POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Chrome : Re: Google Chrome Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Chrome
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 22 Dec 2009 13:39:02
Message: <op.u5cre8yvufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:43:53 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> Well, it does appear to browse the web.
>
> On the other hand, I can't seem to get the tabs to behave correctly.
> When you open a link in a new tab, Chrome doesn't automatically switch
> to that tab. Does anybody know how to correct this behaviour?
>
> Also slightly irritating is the fact that there doesn't appear to be a
> way to download the entire program. You're forced to download the 300KB
> "installer", which then spends a ludicrous amount of time trying to
> download the actual program. (I have no idea how big it is, but 8
> minutes to download seems excessive to me...) And the program
> installation itself wasn't the fastest thing ever either. Still, I guess
> you only have to install it once...

I think Google Chrome was something like 30Mb to download. It does seem to
be faster than all the others - but maybe that's because it doesn't have
as many features as the other browsers - and not as much security either :(

What I loved about it is that you can type your search in the address bar
and it automatically searches with Google.

--
-Nekar Xenos-
"The spoon is not real"