POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 16 Dec 2009 09:59:00
Message: <op.u41c8qce7bxctx@bigfrog.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:32:07 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> OK, well... In level one, where you meet Barney and he walks past the
> light fitting, why does the shading follow the polygons in the character
> mesh?

I dunno. Crappy graphics card/driver? Crappy settings? Optical illusion?
You imagining things because per-pixel lighting is "clearly impossible"?

>>  Do you seriously believe that the modeling software does not help you
>> place things on a circle?
>
> Maybe it'll draw a perfect circle or even an ellipse for you. But this
> is neither. It's more of a "stadium" shape, following the contours of
> the human hips.

So tweak it a little. Particularly easy if you use the human model as a
reference.

> Sure. Drawing hundreds of polygons with perfectly parallel surfaces is
> drop-dead easy.
>
> If they're aligned to the coordinate axies. :-P

Clearly you have not actually used any half-decent modeling software.

> I mean "impossible" in the same sense that it's "impossible" to throw a
> dart at dart board and hit a particular atom with the point.

Yet you keep using it when referring to things that are almost trivially
easy.

--
FE