POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mandelbulb test renders : Re: Mandelbulb test renders Server Time
3 Jun 2024 22:58:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbulb test renders
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 23 Nov 2009 15:43:50
Message: <op.u3u7vbl87bxctx@bigfrog.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:02:28 +0100, waggy <hon### [at] handbasketorg> wrote:

> I also think the power two is the most interesting, and have been
> exploring it the last few days.  I attached a 10-iteration "top" view,
> which looks more like what you posted than Mr. White's.  I don't know
> why that is.

It could be that we are looking at it from a different direction. The
power 2 Mandelbulb seems to have much less symmetry than is seen with the
higher powers.

> My first thought was that voxel discretization doesn't capture the
> fine detail, but it appears yours begins to do so.

Mine is a "true" isosurface, but the Mandelbulb function is a difficult
one for the isosurface code to handle, so there are trade-offs between
performance and accuracy.

--
FE