POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL : Re: Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspect DLL
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 12 Oct 2009 10:05:00
Message: <op.u1oxemzu7bxctx@e6600>
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:11:47 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I found several other DLLs which apparently export... absolutely
> nothing. (Why do they exist then?)

A DLL need not export its functions by name.

> Some DLLs for highly complex tasks appear to export a tiny amount of
> stuff, so clearly there's something I'm not seeing.

A COM-based DLL need only expose a single function, one that returns a COM
interface pointer. The complex stuff is then reached through that
interface.

> And then there are huge, huge numbers of DLLs on the system which aren't
> registered anywhere.

Not all DLLs are COM servers.

> And who says that staring into a screen full of code numbers is a good
> way to learn stuff? ;-)

I don’t even see the code anymore; all I see now is blonde, brunette,
redhead...

--
FE