POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : pagefile.sys : Re: pagefile.sys Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pagefile.sys
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 25 Sep 2009 08:16:39
Message: <op.u0ta11xu7bxctx@bigfrog.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:50:16 +0200, SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
>> Did you really move it, or did you just create another one? Windows'
>> pagefile options are per-drive; setting up a page file on a second
>> drive does not remove any that already exist. If you want to get rid of
>> C:\pagefile.sys, you must explicitly disable the page file on drive C.
>> Keep in mind though that some features -- like BSOD crash dumps --
>> require at least a small page file on the system drive in order to work.
>
> I set it to "No paging file" for that drive.

What OS? If it indeed shows as "None" for drive C in the settings dialog,
you should be able to do "attrib -s -h c:\pagefile.sys", followed by "del
c:\pagefile.sys" (or just hit 'Del' in Explorer), at least in XP. In
Vista/Win7 you might have to take ownership of the file first.

You must of course also reboot after changing page file settings.

Is the new page file located on a drive that requires a special driver? If
so, Windows might decide to use a page file on C anyway because the paging
system is initialised very early in the boot process.

--
FE