POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : pagefile.sys : Re: pagefile.sys Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pagefile.sys
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 24 Sep 2009 23:06:22
Message: <op.u0slkws97bxctx@bigfrog.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 04:56:01 +0200, SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I moved my page file to a second drive letter, but the original one on
> my C drive is still there. It hasn't been modified or accessed since I
> made the change, so I know it's not in use. How do I get rid of it? When
> I try to run attrib on it I get an access error.

Did you really move it, or did you just create another one? Windows'
pagefile options are per-drive; setting up a page file on a second drive
does not remove any that already exist. If you want to get rid of
C:\pagefile.sys, you must explicitly disable the page file on drive C.
Keep in mind though that some features -- like BSOD crash dumps -- require
at least a small page file on the system drive in order to work.

--
FE