POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who's game to help a vid game novice? : Re: Who's game to help a vid game novice? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who's game to help a vid game novice?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 25 Mar 2008 09:37:19
Message: <op.t8ktlvfoc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:16:44 -0000, Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull>
did spake, saying:

> I think the best puzzle game I ever played was The Settlers. (There are
> several editions by now - each somewhat better than the one before.) But
> I doubt that's available for PS2...

I believe there was talk about a version, which came to nought. They tried
some RTS games on the PS1 and I think they're popular in Japan, the
closest on the PS2 here are probably Spartan, and Dynasty Warriors; or the
ubiquitous Sims.

> Phil will probably tell you that Portal is a lot of fun - but that
> severely violates your dexterity requirement.

And sadly it's PS3 not PS2.

It depends on what you what you like, rather then down to speed/dexterity;
I mean you might like We Love Katamari which involves pushing a ball that
collects stuff, the bigger the ball the bigger the objects it can collect,
make as large a collection of stuff as you can in the time limit.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com