POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another hardware-related question : Re: Another hardware-related question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another hardware-related question
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 23 Mar 2008 07:02:32
Message: <op.t8gw2hvg7bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 09:01:48 +0100, Gail Shaw sa dot com>
<"<initialsurname"@sentech> wrote:
> Is there any way to tell which ones support 2 monitors and which don't?

They all do.

> Is Dual DVI the key? Or do I need to go and read through the maunfacturer
> website and read through the details

Any new non-low-profile consumer card will support dual monitors. The only
thing that may differ is the type of connectors (i.e. DVI/D-SUB or dual
DVI).

> I looked briefly at crossfire/SLI, but it looks a little overkill at the
> moment.

In my experience, Crossfire/SLI is never worth it. Also, keep in mind that
only nForce chipsets (and only some of those) support SLI on
Intel-compatible motherboards.

--
FE