POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: While we're on the subject of cars Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we're on the subject of cars
From: Phil Cook
Date: 20 Mar 2008 05:56:43
Message: <op.t8a9x0ugc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:18:02 -0000, Nekar Xenos
<nek### [at] gmailcom> did spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>> I'm getting a tad fed-up of my clutch-cable snapping Matiz. I know a new
>> smaller model of the Mazda2 is out, which suggests the older model
>> should
>> be getting a price decrease; so anyone here had any experience with the
>> make or model?
>
> The Mazda2 in South Africa was only released last year and was awarded
> car of the year here. So I think it must be worth it.

Interesting it's been out here since about 2003. Which Car magazine gave
the previous model a Best Buy recommendation for the last two years, so
that makes two yays thankyou. Trouble is the newer model is shorter and
lighter, but slightly wider (which is a main concern depending on the
width of the doors - narrow garage) and it's lost 20 litres in the boot.
I'll have to see if I can get a test-dive over the weekend.

The other Best Buys were the Honda Jazz, except it "jiggles" on uneven
surfaces so no way would that be good around my way; and the Toyota Yaris
which lacks the boot space of even the new model Mazda2 while also being
wider.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'll be welcome to hear them.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com