POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Phil Cook
Date: 10 Mar 2008 07:30:50
Message: <op.t7svqndgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:18:22 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>
<"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
>> series...
>>
>> > Well, there is a spin-off cartoon series (ok) and 2 movies (terrible)
>>
>>   I'm not completely sure how they can say that a TV series or a movie
>> is
>> based on D&D,
>
> Apart from the fact they were both named "Dungeons and Dragons"?
>
> In the cartoon, there were 4 people that were identical to the character
> classes. Right down to naming. Also, if I recall they were children from
> this world pulled into a fantasy world. Been a while since I watched
> them.

Let's see I recall a blonde chap who was an ranger, the coward warrior,
the black acrobat, the red-head thief, the useless magician,... oh yeah
and the young barbarian. They were transported while on a fairground ride
by the Dungeon Master, whom I recall was a red-robed midget and spoke in
riddles, to fight some pale-skinned guy representing the forces of evil,
oh and there was a dragon in it to; I prefered Dangermouse.

> As for the movies, they were named Dungeons and Dragons: The movie. Other
> than that, not really. they were also really, really, really bad.

Oh I don't know the scenes with Kristen Wilson or Zoe McLellan had some
small appeal, and anything starring Richard O'Brien can't be competely bad
:-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com