POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 8 Mar 2008 15:00:50
Message: <op.t7pq7hyf7bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 20:47:01 +0100, Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>  Sometimes you really do give the impression that you live under a rock.
>
> Why? Because I don't follow every tiny twist and turn of modern
> technology with bated breath?

Do you read no tech-related news? Any news at all?
The end of HD-DVD was fairly big news, and was at least mentioned by
mainstream media.

> And while we're on the subject... I gather that all this "HD" stuff is
> only slightly better quality than what's already there. It's not like
> anybody is going to notice a huge increase in picture quality.

The increase in picture quality can be quite noticeable, but only if you
have equipment that can display it properly.

> And that makes it hard for me to get excited about it...

A lot of people are of the opinion that selling movies on optical media is
obsolete anyway.

--
FE