POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:20:20
Message: <op.t7ppb5fe7bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:03:32 +0100, Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> - I never completed Doom.

Neither did I. Not without cheating anyway.
You did play it though, right?

> - I have never even *seen* Wind Commander.

Nor learned to spell its title...

...or did you mean one of these:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/evermorepointers/apollo.html
http://www.bananawind.us/Commander.htm

> - I don't know what a VAX is. (I thought it was a kind of carpet
> cleaner...)

It is, among other things.

> - I can't remember who's behind BluRay

Sony et al.

> or HD DVD.

Toshiba et al.

> (And I have no idea which one is currently "winning".)

Bluray won.

> Are we done yet?

We will not cease until we have fully explored the depths of your
ungeekiness. Like it or not, you have become a public figure of sorts.
Scrutiny and criticism are part of the package.

--
FE