POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Feb 2008 07:19:27
Message: <op.t6xdubdgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:57:48 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

>>> Well, *I* don't, because I'd want it to be stored safely.
>>
>> Our language really needs to (re)introduce some terms for "you" -
>> singular, personal; plural personal; plural imnpersonal i.e. you go and
>> help him; you, that group there, go and help him; you as a country
>> should help him.
>
> Well, it's your language - fix it. ;-)

Maybe if we rebooted it?

>>>  I have other
>>> ways of dealing with an intruder - fortunately, where we live, that's
>>> not much of a danger.  Most of the crime around here is car prowls and
>>> vandalism.
>>
>> We've had some break-ins locally, a bit of vandalism, some stabbings in
>> town; the usual kind of thing.
>
> Stabbings, I don't think we have often here

Call that a knife? No I call it a gun [bang]?

> - we meet about monthly with
> our local police liason (part of our community meetings), so we keep
> pretty aware of what crimes are going on in the neighborhood.  There's a
> bit more drug crime a few blocks west of us (the parks seem to attract it
> around here), but around here it's pretty safe.

Drink and drugs, but I guess you don't get the drink bit so much.
Re-checking some bits apparently Worcestershire's drug problem is above
average for the country while violent crime is slightly lower; make of
that what you will :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com