POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Phil Cook
Date: 20 Feb 2008 04:54:23
Message: <op.t6thr51mc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:41:24 -0000, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at
vtSPAM.edu"> did spake, saying:

> Stephen wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:36:40 -0500, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at
>> vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
>>> Insurance companies can
>>> dictate what they will pay, but make doctors charge the same thing to
>>> everyone and therefor dictate what the uninsured pay too. Screwed up
>>> system. 100$ a month for a one hour session, or the latest 45$ a month
>>> pill, or an older pill at 8$ a month?
>>
>> And our NHS is going private. Thanks for the warning
>
> While we struggle to make ours open to everyone. What should I be
> watching out for?

Top-heavy management by people with no actual experience in medicine.
Imagine taking all the people running the HMOs and putting them in charge
of it all. Okay slightly unfair because the current system is getting
messy as we (that is the government) try to inject private healthcare into
the system; that's the other thing to watch for.

While I know people who've got in quickly on the NHS I've likewise know
people who have been expected to wait 6 months for surgery... unless they
go private in which case there's a slot next week - in the same hospital
and with the same surgeon that they'd have got in 6 months for free on the
NHS.

http://thejuniordoctor.blogspot.com/2008/02/is-there-doctor-in-house.html

--
Phil Cook