POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Phil Cook
Date: 20 Feb 2008 04:17:40
Message: <op.t6tf27d4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:28:36 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:59:29 +0000, Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> And lo on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:12:27 -0000, Jim Henderson
>> <nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

>>> You'd think so, of course some also argue that taking the safety off
>>> takes time as well, and that time could be the difference between life
>>> and death.
>>>
>>> But no, the safety locks aren't quite like a safety cap on medication
>>> containers.
>>
>> No of course, but having a safety lock and a child lock; hey why not
>> just lock it away in a gun cabinet :-P
>
> I'm good with that.

Except we're back to why 'you' have the weapon in the first place.

>>> I've got a sharp pointy weapon within easy reach should it be needed.
>>
>> I've an umbrella... which sounds kind of dumb until I demonstrate its
>> four-foot reach and 3-inch blunted spike on the end :-)
>
> I've got one like that as well.  The sharp pointy weapon is an antique,
> but it's still quite sharp.  I wouldn't want to get the blade stained
> (nor would my wife, as it's hers) if we could possibly avoid it, but it
> would certainly be effective at close range.

'Now look what you've done. You've got all that horrible blood on my
antique' Sorry I just found that a funny thought.

> We have had occasion to "clear" the house using a couple of them,
> actually - came home and found we'd left the back door unlocked, and
> *thought* we heard a noise in the basement.  Plenty of doorways to hide
> behind, and the basement was clear (so all's well that ends well).

Most people here would have called 999, then waited until the next day for
the police to turn up.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com