POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
12 Oct 2024 05:10:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Feb 2008 05:02:10
Message: <op.t6pstrdgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:52:00 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:58:36 +0000, Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> if I give a known
>> psychotic the means to go on a rampage in the full knowledge that's what
>> he'll do is it still all his fault?
>
> Suppose that psychotic purchased the weapon prior to their break?
>
> Or they decided not to take their medications?

OOC error, but I'll still answer. If it's the case that someone taking
medicine is safe to own a firearm, but isn't safe if they stop taking
their medication then the question becomes 'what's the likelihood of that
happening?'. Think of Asimov's The Naked Sun of the three intelligences
involved who was the real murderer?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com