POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
12 Oct 2024 05:08:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Feb 2008 09:55:36
Message: <op.t6p6etruc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:36:16 -0000, Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:03:14 EST, "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom>
> wrote:
>
>> Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
>>> No I won't. My memories may be getting on a bit but I still trust
>>> them. Do you
>>> know the term "media panic"?
>>
>> If it's so good to get public attention, why wasn't the practice of
>> documenting
>> such school shootings as widespread in the first half of the XX's?
>>
>> I'll reiterate:  there's no evidence that shootings in schools happened
>> or were
>> not isolated incidents before becoming widespread after the 1990's...
>> we're
>> definitely witnessing something new here.  Some may want to live in
>> denial,
>> others have an urge to talk about it and try to do something about it.
>
> Did I say somewhere that there always has been school shootings?
> I think that you are right. It is a new phenomenon.

The question of course is why? Is it a cultural shift in attitude or
simply that such weapons are more available? Perhaps the underlying
'panic' in the US has resulted in more people buying guns that are then
used by their children or stolen and sold on?

> But violence is not. Especially amongst the young.

I blame these Mods and Rockers, they should be banned.

>>> As for documentation ha! All I will say is 45
>>> minutes to mass destruction.
>>
>> don't trust the government, trust independent press.
>>
> I don't - I don't.

Except what bias is the independent press pushing?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com