POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Feb 2008 09:42:21
Message: <op.t6p5srquc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:59:55 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:54:36 +0000, Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> And lo on Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:23:24 -0000, Jim Henderson
>> <nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

>> Never got on with that.
>
> Ditto.  I've watched it a few times, and it just seemed unfunny to me.

>> For the X-Files it seems to be a reversed normal curve they did start to
>> pick up again at the end.
>
> The weird thing is that it's something of an anomaly for Carter's works.
> He managed to build a mythology that worked, even though it had some
> inconsistencies; it wasn't planned out at all, but it worked.  The Lone
> Gunmen could've been good, but he tried not planning that as well, and it
> just kinda flopped.

The Lone Gunmen were never front-room people; they were always better in
the background.

> I never got into Millenium, so I don't know if that series worked or not.

I vaguely recall seeing an episode and thinking "What the hell is this
s***?"

>>> I thought BSG's second season was pretty good.  I can't wait for the
>>> final season, though.
>>
>> I agree, I found the third season the most jarring probably because of
>> the sudden jump in time.
>
> Yes, that was certainly true.  But the thing that I really like about it
> is that it's not clear-cut on some morality issues.  The good guys don't
> always behave in a way that's consistent with being the good guys.  They
> make bad decisions sometimes.

But then that's always been a part of BSG

> I like shows like that.  Spooks is another that I *really* liked.  How
> cool is it that they were perfectly fine killing off main characters?

Went off it after season... 3 I think it was, just started to seem to
repeat itself with bigger and more ridiculous storylines; a bit like 24.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com