POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Phil Cook
Date: 14 Feb 2008 11:33:12
Message: <op.t6iv4newc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:42:33 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> Plus, most of Ravenholm is of the form "you walk down a dark alleyway.
>>> Suddenly 12 zombies stagger towards you, coming from all directions."
>>> Plus, it takes time to kill the first one, time to kill the second
>>> one, more time to kill the third one... gee, the rest are getting
>>> quite close now...
>>  Don't kill them then, you don't get points or experience for doing so.
>> If the objective is to get from point A to point B then that's what you
>> do, don't go looking for trouble.
>
> Kinda hard to get from point A to point B with several vicious creatures
> standing directly in your way. :-S

Not really. If it's a confined space then shotgun or grav-gun+sawblade; if
it's not then the majority of zombies are slow enough to run past.

>>> Yeah, but if you miss, you now have no ammo. Good luck...
>>  The grav-gun (when it works) can pull things from a reasonable
>> distance and as I've mentioned it's a toggle on the console.
>
> And as I've mentioned, when I use it it tends to pick up tiny splinters
> of wood or individual blades of grass rather than the thing I'm pointing
> it directly at...

Yeah as I said when it works.

>>> Heh. And I thought *I* was strange for having a signed picture in my
>>> room of Major Carter wearing only a USA flag...
>>  Ah Stargate:Franchise never could get into that from day one
>> "Greetings we've been cut off from Earth for thousands of years and yet
>> can quite clearly speak American English" at least prior to the ret-con
>> Star Trek had the excuse for being made 40 years ago and just not
>> knowing better :-) Now the film on the other hand, that was good.
>
> LOL!
>
> I think both the film and the series suck.

I liked the film, I found it internally consistent.

> bought it...

She's not bad.

>> I've got the box-set and that sort of memory.
>
> My God - you have the boxed set of Xena?

Yup and all the Buffy's, B5's, and X-Files. Not to mention the GiTS:SACs,
Blake's Seven (seasons 1-3) and the new Battlestar Galactica's. Note
however how I don't mention Star Trek.

>>> Mildly amusing sometimes, yeah.
>>  Better then Charmed, more scantily clad women too.
>
> Heh. I hadn't really noticed...

Well actually thinking about the female stars in Charmed perhaps not so
much so, more leather definitely - well maybe. Whips and swords though!

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com