POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Phil Cook
Date: 14 Feb 2008 09:48:33
Message: <op.t6irbsb2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:21:50 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> Stalkers are humanoid. I presume you mean Striders? :-P
>>  Yeah the tripod knock-offs
>
> Those are Strider, dear. Stalkers are the little humanoid guys with
> their intensines missing who walk around pointing lazers at things. You
> meet a whole bunch of 'em in EP1...

Meh I don't need to know their names just how to kill them.

>>> Really? That's odd.
>>  Accelerate, brake and steer controlled by the movement of one stick.
>
> Ah. That's Not Good(tm).

Not in a firefight no.

>>> This requires you to actually *have* some shotgun shells.
>>  Well yeah, but it only needs one clear shot to the head.
>
> Unless you miss for some reason. Perhaps because one of the buggers has
> swiped you and sent you half way across the map. Let's not go into the
> whole reloading part...

It's advisable to shoot them prior to them getting that close.

>>> You can't *kill* things with a gravity gun! (At least, except under
>>> lab conditions anyway...)
>>  On the PS3 at least both types of headcrabs can be knocked about and
>> eventually killed by the grav-gun alone, otherwise gotta love the saw
>> blades.
>
> Sure. Not that you can find any saw blades when you actually need 'em.
> And if you happen to miss... oh dear. You are now dead.

"It's advisable to shoot them prior to them getting that close."

>>> Well, ya know, first Spike was evil, then Spike couldn't actually be
>>> evil any more but wanted to help out other evil guys, the Spike was
>>> good, then Spike became bad again... [Said Buffy fanatic was
>>> *obsessed* with Spike... wanted to marry him and stuff. Yes, she was a
>>> teenager.]
>>  Yeah, but James Marsters *is* good as Spike.
>
> ...is name is James Marsters?
>
> [insert whitty remark here]

[insert witty reply here]

>>> Not many. (Not even enough to work out the various characters' names.)
>>  Always liked Callisto, Hudson Leick got the character perfectly.
>
> Damn, why are these people's real names always *more* improbable than
> the characters they're playing??

What you mean Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Hudson Leick, Kevin Sorbo, and
Bruce Campbell? :-)

>>> I do recall an episode where Xena's nemesis stole her unborn child's
>>> soul and wanted Xena's to bring her back to the living world before
>>> she would relinquish it. So Xena had a bunch of people hold hands and
>>> meditate to create a non-real world to "rescue" her to... or...
>>> something. I do remember there was lots of fighting...
>>  Yeah that wasn't one of the best ones, IIRC it was the one with the
>> bad CGI skeletons in it.
>
> Ah, you remember it then...

Kinda sticks in the memory due to vast suckage.

> Also liked the one where the little girl

Renee O'Connor playing Gabrielle

> suddenly sticks out her arm and grabs a flying arrow out of the air,
> just before it hits Xena. And she's all like "OMG, I actually *caught*
> that!"

Just to clarify it was her quarterstaff that intercepted the arrow in that
particular episode.

> And then later she tries to do it again, but can't. But eventually she
> manages it. "Well, I did it eventually!" "You missed a few though." "Oh
> yeah - I can see how that would be a problem..." LOL!

See - funny stuff.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com