POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Phil Cook
Date: 14 Feb 2008 05:43:31
Message: <op.t6if18qyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:21:06 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>> Odd I've read the entry before it, I've read the entry after it, and
>> the contents of the one you've linked to is familiar to me... so um yes
>> I read it.
>
> OK... so why the demands? :-P

'I liked the Antlion tunnels, the lift took me two hours to get through, I
hate hunters..." So how about Ravenholm, what about the water/driving
segments, which weapon did/do you favour etc.

>>> Ooo, you're quick today. :-P
>>  Well I'd have been expected you to get confused, say WTF the lot, and
>> then never watch another episode. :-)
>
> I never watched the *film* BTW. But my sister did. Apparently it sucked
> greatly. Which isn't all that surprising...

It wasn't great.

>>> I have watched several, yes. I know somebody who is an utter Buffy
>>> nutter. Personally I don't find it all that entertaining...
>>  What you don't find Giles entertaining "I just think it's rather odd
>> that a nation which prides itself on its virility should feel compelled
>> to strap on forty pounds of protective gear in order to play rugby" or
>> Willow "Excuse me - Jewish; not all of us worship Santa"
>
> There are some funny lines in there. Those aren't the ones I'd pick, but
> sure.

Not to mention the fighting, the lengthy storylines, the character
development ...

>>> I prefer Charmed.
>>  Saw some of the first season and didn't gel with it, missed a load
>> then caught something about Rose (daughter of a White Lighter) coming
>> in, then Shannen disppeared, there was a marriage to that White
>> Lighter, the birth of their son, and Phoebe working as an Agony Aunt
>> and her relationship with some demon called Balthazar; I just enjoyed
>> listening to "How Soon is Now?" at the beginning. It's not a show I
>> watch.
>
> If you can get over the fact that it's blatently shallow and silly,

Which I wouldn't have minded if that was the way it was shown, but it
seems they take every shallow storyline as if it was of some great portent
and play it totally straight; at least of the episodes I've seen.

> it's quite comic. Not something you can take too seriously, I feel.

Except as I say you don't get the feeling that the actors are having fun,
they're taking it seriously.

> Much like Xena...

You're comparing Charmed to Xena... you are so dead :-P

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com