POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Phil Cook
Date: 13 Feb 2008 11:48:56
Message: <op.t6g2bagcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:37:37 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> I demand a step-by-step account of you playing Half-Life2+Eps1 and 2 on
>> your blog!
>
> Uh... why? It's not like anybody would read it...

Ditto Nicolas.

>>> I loose count of how many times I've done this. LOL! As a result, I
>>> now know all sorts of rather useless factiods. Indeed, I watched The
>>> Eggheads last night, and I got more questions right than they did. [A
>>> pure fluke, as it happens. Usually they ask questions about Greek
>>> philosophers or something and I haven't got a clue. But tonight it was
>>> Latin...]
>>  Either that or you were remembering them ;-)
>
> Unlikely. I make a point of never, ever watching that pathetic program.
> It's so damn boring. But my mum seems to positively *enjoy* the stupid
> thing...

I like quiz programs they make me think, I just didn't like Dermot.

"So at the end of the first round the Challengers have lost one brain and
the Eggheads none" Yes I know I've just watched that happen, likewise I
can also detemine that after the first round in a knockout situation the
scores are going to contain both a 1 and a 0 in some order.

>> (they're running through repeats since Dermot left the Beeb).
>
> He left?

Over the sea to Sky IIRC

> He's called Dermot?

Yes Dermot Murnaghan, or as I kept calling him Dermot McMurnahanrahanrahan
because he just ticked me off.

>>> Still, I don't follow every link I see, only the "interesting" ones.
>>  At which point we hit recursion. :-)
>
> Hey, it's functional. ;-)

Only in a limited pattern.

>>> As a result, I never end up reading about the corporate development of
>>> IBM or the history of American Independence, but instead reading about
>>> fractal image compression
>>  Hmm let's see some of my Wikipedia hits - Berlaymont building,
>> Conspiracy Theory, Craning, Cyniscism, Eisenstein, Horus, Rise of the
>> Triad. Leading of course to others.
>
> Uh... what?

Well Berlaymont was because I couldn't recall the name of one of the EU
buildings, I can't tell you why I was looking at Conspiracy Theory,
Craning from wfa.org.uk regarding urban exploration, Cyniscism to make a
point, Eisenstein and Horus from W40k, and Rise of the Triad to refresh my
memory on something.

>>> or the undead cat that that guy studied. [You know the guy. I just
>>> can't spell his name.]
>>  Oo I know this - it was Giles in Episode 3.2 of Buffy the Vampire
>> Slayer.
>
> Possibly the silliest episode every...

"Do you like my mask? Isn't it pretty? It raises the dead... Americans!"

Wait one second you've seen this episode? *You've* watched Buffy the
Vampire Slayer?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com