POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Feb 2008 04:06:28
Message: <op.t5zsxnh2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sat, 02 Feb 2008 19:55:18 -0000, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at

vtSPAM.edu"> did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:40:32 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull>
did
>> spake, saying:

>>> ...??
>>
>> Bugsy Malone, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror.
>>
>> "You'll be a dentist, you have a talent for causing great PAIN"
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM
>
> Might I suggest you add "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" to that musicals
> list? In my list of musicals I would dress in drag to go see live,
> Hedwig ranks much higher then Rocky Horror.

It's popped up on my radar a couple of times, but I've never had the

chance to see it.

>>> Seriously. We've got all this country and folk music, and then THIS
>>> comes on... WHAT???
>>
>> Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaa!
>>
> Break out the banjos, we got us a ho-down!

You are now entering Deliverance country.

>>> I prefer the Beach Boys' version. This one has much thinner harmonie
>>> and less tuneful backing...
>>
>> Heretic, burn him.
>>

> Yeah, the cover by The Bangles was so much better . . .
> *ducks*

Plenty of kindling to go around you know :-)

> I know, I know, they covered Hazy Shade of Winter. Same band . . .
> *ducks again*

>>> Who is it?
>>>
>>> And why doesn't *my* electric guitar ever sound like this?
>>
>> Evanescense; and post-processing dude, post-processing.
>
> You can do a lot it without post-processing. Guitar effect pedals are
> everywhere, and if you don't like buying them just remember that the
> guitar signal is AC and you can clip the waveform or otherwise distort

> it.

Yeah, but if it comes down to doing it yourself or letting some guy in a

studio do it...

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com