POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Feb 2008 10:14:08
Message: <op.t5z9vafic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:46:52 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> Just annoying, repetitive and boring. Hey look it's a Strider, oo and
>> another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and
>> another, and another, and oh wait we're done. Nope silly me here's
>> another Strider, and another, and another, and another, and another.
>> Gee wasn't that fun?
>
> More fun than that battle in EP1 that takes place in a dark room waiting
> for the lift to arrive.

I was more annoyed by the Mr Benn approach - As if by magic the Head-crab
zombies appeared. Then again the scripted events in HL2 are getting tired
especially the second time around - ran around as much as like with no
enemies until you step in the magic area/pull the lever at which point you
get a Mr Benn.

> [Honestly, no matter how many zombies I killed, there always seemed to
> be more of them... Not to mention that killing things with a crowbar
> isn't easy. But hey, if you have no ammo left, what else can you do?]

Hmm shotgun for the speedy little sods, grav-gun plus HE barrels (minding
you don't hit Alyx) for the others. Don't head for the lift until it's
down, then run for it; the speedy ones will get to you anyway and there
seems to be more slow-walkers closer to the lift.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com