POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Feb 2008 11:36:36
Message: <op.t5utr1u0c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:59:39 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> ...??
>>  Bugsy Malone, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror.
>>  "You'll be a dentist, you have a talent for causing great PAIN"
>
> I know of Little Shop of Horrors. The song is a mystery to me still.

Best Damn Song In The Show - Gaaaaahh :-) Bugsy may be a little WTF for
you, think Al Capone 20's America with all the adult roles played by
children "Dum diddy dum dum"

>>> And why doesn't *my* electric guitar ever sound like this?
>>  Evanescense; and post-processing dude, post-processing.
>
> Riiiight. Hmm. Ever watch The Crow? (****ing awesom film BTW...) The guy
> only plays a few notes, yet it sounds amazing. WTH?

Because he only plays a few notes.

>>> Erm, no... not really, no...
>>  and yet start it off and most people can join in. A bit like Hey Jude.
>
> Another song I'm not terribly fond of - yet seems to be greatly popular.

It's one of those things, you could point to the simple La la's in Hey
Jude, but that doesn't explain American Pie.

> Hey, that reminds me of a couple of other songs that didn't make it into
> my list. (Something about "ride a white swan" - the rest made no sense.

T-Rex

> Oh, and "riding down a bumpy hillside, in your hippie hat"... well, you
> know the rest.)

The Lone Ranger Theme :-)

>>> Uh... what?
>>  or not. I thought it was Dylan as writer then performed by Manfred
>> Mann, maybe I'm wrong; or you were listening to a cover?

> And I'd know it's a cover because...?

Yeah good point.

> And what's a Manfred Man?

Like an Action Man, but less gung-ho.

>>> Even *I* recognise that voice... [That's rare!]
>>  I'm sure you can recognise Kylie, McCartney, Madonna, Heather Small,
>> Bowie... (INPO)
>
> Erm... Well Heather Small I've never even heard of by name.

You'd probably recognise her voice though she was the lead singer in M
People and contributed to the BBC's version of Perfect Day.

> Of the others, I would say none of them have particularly "distinctive"
> voices. The style of the music might give you a clue, but beyond that...

Might just be me then.

> Now that dude from the Petshop Boys. WHO could ever mistake THAT voice?
> Seriously, even when he talks normally it sounds like a synthesizer...

Heh.

>>> The ones I can't even remembe were much less interesting. [Tautology?]
>>  Um you've not been writing speeches for Dubya have you
>
> What?

Damnnit you have haven't you. It explains so much.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com