POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:30:34
Message: <op.t5unx3vec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:29:36 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> During my journey to Switzerland by car, I was treated (?) to Benny's
> musical tastes.
>
> (Benny's car stereo is somehow able to decode MPEG-1 layer-3 digital
> audio from yellow-book CDs. Yes, yellow-book, but red-book. As a result,
> 1 CD plays for about 13 hours. And the trebble is sufficiently chewed up
> to annoy me. Apparently the difference is inaudible to everyone else...)
>
> Here are some of the assorted lyrics I heard. If you're as bored as me,
> try naming a few of them...
>

> OOOOOOHHHH YEAH!
> It's like LIGHTNING!
> Everybody was FRIGHTNING!
> But the music was SOOTHING!
> And then they all started GROOVING!
>
> And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a
> ballroom blitz.
> And the girl in the corner said "boy I wanna warm ya, it'll turn into a

^warn ya

> ballroom blitz"... Ballroom blitz!
>
> [You have no idea how long I had that thing stuck in my head!]

I tend to be stuck on the the Wayne's World version.

> Something tells me I'm into something good.

Yep good old Herman's Hermits

> Let's do the Time Warp again!
>
> [Oh you have GOT me to KIDDING me!!]

Ah now it's one of only three musicals I can stand.

> Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
<snip>
> [Dude, WTF? You're just making this up now...]

Ookay

<snip>
> But they just can't kill the beast

<sigh>

> Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite,
> Looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
> Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite,
> And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.
> Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Oooo, afternoon delight.
>
> [I'll skip the story about why this one is "special" to Benny...]

Thanks; not one I can recall.

> Oh when I look back now
> That summer seemed to last forever
> And if I had the choice
> Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
> Those were the best days of my life

Nope can't place that either

> If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
> I'd been married long time ago.
> Where did you come from, where did you go?
> Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?
>
> [Are you KIDDING me??!?!]

Hey I've got that one too.

<snip>
> Wooo-ooo0000! Living on a prayer!

<sigh>

> He was a skater boy,
> She said see you later boy.

Look at me I'm really street. Yeah Avril now shut up.

> California dreaming...

Damn fine.

> (Save me)
> Save me from the nothing I've become.

Not their best.

> And singing, "This’ll be the day that I die.
> This’ll be the day that I die."
>
> [God damn miserable song...]

Still a good song though.

> Sure plays a mean pinball!

De dum dum dum de dum.

> [All together now...]
>
> You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.
>
> [Try to picture 3 sad old geezers sat in a car in the middle of France
> driving along singing this thing. Yeah. That was us. And I don't even
> know what the hell it *means*...]

Ah Manfred Mann via Dylan.

> Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll....
> You know you make me wanna SHOUT!
>
> [Damn, that women needs to STAND BACK FROM THE MICROPHONE! Jesus she's
> scary... At least, I *presume* it's a women...]

Assuming you were listening to Lulu then yes it was a women.

> I can still hear you saying
> You would never break the chain.
>
> [Air guitars, please... You all know how this part goes. ;-) ]

Meh.

> A real dead ringer for love.

Ah Mr Loaf

Nice mix I'd have listened to those with something approaching pleasure.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com