POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LOL! : Re: LOL! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOL!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 31 Jan 2008 07:38:16
Message: <op.t5sn1cgec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:24:26 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> oh and still won't synchronise with a certain mobile phone despite an
>> MCP and [Mobile Company] accredited blah looking at and repeating
>> exactly the same actions I took.

And now won't sync with a different mobile B&W+dump to disc when attempted
yummee!

> Well let me put it this way. I have a networked printer which one PC
> can't print to.
>
> The Dell PC.
>
> Everybody else can print to it, but not this one Dell PC. I eventually
> figured out how to uninstall the print drivers. (I was thinking maybe
> you have to install them from a privilaged account or it doesn't work
> properly.) But no amount of removing and replacing them causes the
> printer to print. All it will tell me is that "the operation failed". No
> detail, no explanation, just "failed". Great.

After removing the print drivers have you tried installing it manually
using Vista until the point it asks for some?

Oh and just to prove XP isn't as fantatic either for some reason if the
Print Spool service is left to automatic the computer won't log off or log
in, switch to manual and then just start it after a log-in and it's fine.
I suspect a USB driver fault, but setting the pulling off all that apart
and hoping it finds it all again against just remembering one action for
the few times this machine reboots it's a fault I can live with.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com