POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... : Re: Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question of the day...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 28 Jan 2008 09:23:22
Message: <op.t5m8u8s8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:31:46 -0000, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> Blasphemer! Stone them, stone them!
>
> No. Don't do it. I believe. I believe everything...

Almost as quick as getting Travolta to hit Cruise over the head with a
shovel; "Yes Scientology does make sense".

>> No you're right they could all Become One With The Mind Of God... ooooo!
>> Or separate from God in a shiny silvery gestalt from which multiple
>> forms
>> can be made and rule over a race of warriors who... oh wait sorry that's
>> Deep Space Nine.
>
> ^^
> Or they could take the shape of little worm and take over the bodies of
> some people, who believe everthing (oh, wait, I'm in danger)... oh wait,
> that was Star Gate... :)

I thought that was Scientology, oh no those are invisible formless little
'worms'; wait that doesn't make any sens [dong] makes perfect sense, oh
hey John what's the shovel for?"

>> Hmm think about the types of people who you'd expect to get into Heaven,
>> would you want to spend eternity with them in any form? So the person
>> who's there either a) wants to be there b) has to be there, or is c)
>> stoned.
>
> So b) wouldn't have free will.
> some of c) as well.
> what's about some people of a) who don't want to spend eternity with some
> others?
>
>> Back to the serious bit. I think the gestalt or 'one with the mind of
>> God'
>> is a possibiity if you think of each individual joining as a voice in
>> the
>> choir, similar to that voice in your head telling you that you shouldn't
>> eat that gooey cream pie or take a machine-gun to your
>> co-workers...um...
>> anyway in theory parts could arise that find itself in contest with the
>> majority and might break-away; which would explain the Downfall of the
>> Angels. So that would be a yes to free will.
>

> Wouldn't that mean, that those who have a free will, won't be in Heaven?
> Because they break away and then are kicked out.

Yup you can only get into Heaven via your free will at which point you
lose it. Hold on I'll get a shovel it'll all make sense in a minute.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com